Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Awesome Majora’s Mask Music video at Zelda Power


Awesome Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask music video at Zelda Power to the music of “A View to a Kill” from the James Bond film. The scenes are synched to the music and lyrics so well. It’s got the different forms of Link playing the instruments to the beat of the music like the drums of Goron Link and horns of Deku Link. I was laughing when the song went to “dance into the fire” because of the scenes that went with it with characters dancing, the whole thing was synched and done so well. Not to mention “A View to a Kill” is a great song.

[edit May 2010 Youtube link to the Majora's Mask music video]
Video game music videos don’t seem that abundant, but I know of a couple of sites that have some. My tastes naturally gravitate towards console games, and certain games at that, so it may be that there’s not a lot of console video game music videos out there where I do notice a lot of PC game videos.
Six Sided Video contains a few music videos by the webmaster. “Zelda 64 ver 2.0″, Ocarina of Time footage to the theme of Escaflowne, and “Got Melee?”, an excellent Super Smash Bros. Melee video making use of the game’s camera mode to Green Day’s “Bastket Case”, are my favorites.

8bm Studios recently updated with a destructive Blast Corps video that makes me want to play the game again, and the site has my personal favorite, “A New Hero” with footage from Zelda: The Wind Waker to “Wonder Boy” by Tenacious D.

Game Trailers hosts a number of fan created videos“United” about allies in Final Fantasy XI I thought was good.

Video game music videos are a great way to pay tribute to a game, and its something I think about doing, but I lack good software for it, as well as the time and skill. I’d love to do a Zelda 2 video, or a Zelda series video to Virt’s “Blood of Ganon”. I can picture all of the video that would go to the different themes in my head, like showing all of the boss battles with Ganon at the beginning, giving the King of Hyrule from TWW props during the Hyrule Castle theme, and break out with a bunch of quick Zelda 2 clips during the battle/cave theme at the end ;) I think music such as from the Minibosses put together with actual footage from the game of the song they’re playing would be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment